Everyone loves a good pie, right? But, sometimes we don’t love making a pie dough from scratch. That’s where this clever little trick of no-bake crust comes in! It’s literally three ingredients and is pretty delicious. Yeah, that’s a whole stick of butter melted going into your pulverized graham crackers and sugar. Do you melt butter in the microwave or on the stove? I usually like to do a large amount on the stove because I don’t want it to explode in the microwave. Speaking from experience here. Once you mix up your no-bake crust, you can smoosh it into a pie pan. I didn’t butter my pan because there is a stick of butter in the crust but feel free to butter your pan if you are nervous about potentially sticking. Then, pop it in the fridge to let it set for at least two hours but you can let it sit overnight too. I’m going to teach you a trick for other baking lovers like me. Whenever you see candy on sale, pick up a bag to leave in your pantry. Yes, it can be for snacking but it’s also for those times you have an urge to bake something and don’t want to run to the store. We always have leftover candy on hand, case in point these Santa Reese’s! This adds another fun variation because it’s not just peanut butter in your pie filling but yummy chocolate too. And let’s just settle a debate right now, holiday shaped Reese Cups are the best Reese Cups. I crumbled up my Reese Cups with my hands when adding them to my filling mixture. But, if you are using mini Reese Cups or full sized ones, you could just leave them whole because your stand mixer will do the work for you. Whenever you are ready, you can spoon your creamy, chocolatey, peanut buttery mixture onto your chilled no-bake pie crust. Use a rubber spatula and smooth it on top of the crust so it’s completely even. Then, you can pop it back in the fridge while you make your whipped cream. Unless you are a crazy like me and have two stand mixers so it’s already finished.I made the whipped cream for this at my sisters house and she was literally shocked that it was so easy to make. Guys, I’m telling you that homemade whipped cream is the BEST. It’s so easy, flavorful, and the same price (if not cheaper) than buying Cool Whip or canned whipped cream.Also, you can easily make flavored whipped cream if you need it for something else. Just add a couple of drops of peppermint extract or caramel flavoring or even lemon extract for a little different flavor. Obviously, don’t use any of those for this recipe but it’s a good trick to have in the back of your mind. While this isn’t the cutest with all these mini Reese Cups on top, it’ll work when you slice the pieces! You could also crumble up pieces of Reese Cups and toss those on there or even use Reese’s Pieces.
Then, voila! You’ve got your no-bake Reese peanut butter pie. Because this pie is pretty rich, you could make it go a long way and probably share it between 10-12 people. It’s definitely a great pie to have at a party or celebration, just make sure no one has a peanut allergy.
Clearly, I approve and don’t mind the richness one bit. What is your favorite Reese Cup? Share below in the comments!
- 2 cups graham crackers, pulverized
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2-3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 12 oz Reese Cups
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Pulverize graham crackers in food processor or blender until very fine. Add to mixing bowl with sugar.
- Pour melted butter on to graham crackers and sugar.
- Stir to fully combine. Add to pie pan and smoosh until even and connected into one full piece of crust.
- Chill in fridge for a minimum of two hours or overnight.
- Add room temperature cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Reese Cups to stand mixer.
- Mix until fully combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon into no-bake crust and let chill until you add whipped cream.
- Add chilled heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla to a cold stand mixer bowl.
- Whisk on medium high until fluffy, about 5-6 minutes.
- Spoon on top of peanut butter mixture.
- Top with mini Reese Cups and slice into pieces to enjoy!