Woo, it’s holiday time! We went on Good Day Columbus this morning to share a tasty recipe that will be a staple at your holiday parties this month. Glazed pecans! This recipe calls for a little less sugar than normal so they aren’t too sweet and can be used multiple ways.
First things first. Let’s talk about the fact that we got to hold a BABY SNOW LEOPARD. Apparently, every other Wednesday the Columbus Zoo brings animals to Good Day Columbus. We might just start hanging out there on Wednesdays… half kidding.
I’m going to update this post a little later tonight but wanted to get you all the recipe as soon as possible! You never know when you are going to want to whip up some homemade glazed nuts for a friend. The fun thing about these nuts is that you can swap them for any type of nut you have lying around. We used pecans but you could use cashews, peanuts, almonds, etc. Then, toss them on a tasty salad or place them in your cheese plates. If you are heading to a party, throw a cup in a pretty bag, tie it up and you’ve got the best hostess gift!
- 2 cups pecans
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ stick butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- While butter is melting, mix brown sugar, egg white, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Once butter is melted, add pecans and sugar mixture.
- Remove from heat and stir to combine.
- Spread pecans on foil lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
- You can substitute any type of nuts in this recipe.
- Let them cool before putting in a gift bag.